Friday, April 25, 2014

Namche Bazaar



Namche Bazaar

I just woke after a long and cool night. We are lucky because our room has 5 beds, bed heaters, and a bathroom. I am feeling warm and cozy like a snuggling kitten. I can smell a little bit of smoke coming in through the window. My mouth is dry. I woke up in the middle of the night to drink water. We purify our water by boiling. The Sherpas take care of this for us. The Sherpa will be coming in 20 minutes to give us tea and tell us to wake up.

We are seeing lots of interesting things on this trip. The most interesting thing I saw are the people. The kids will sometimes give us hi-fives. We say Namaste to people as we pass them

I am having a great time with Seth. He is 11 and very athletic.

I love crossing bridges, but is tought to do this when porters cross with their big loads. The bridges are small and we feel like we might fall off the bridge. We have not been on a bridge when a yak train comes. I am not looking forward to that.

Hiking today. All uphill. Expect rain today. We will bundle up.

Aadam

No comments:

Post a Comment